Monica “Mojo” Ward
Monica has spent years helping folks all across the Houston area make their creative careers blossom. We’re incredibly happy having her continue down that path with our talent. We can’t think of anyone better suited to help put some serious swagger into anyone’s creative career!
We asked her 11 Quick Questions so we could find out her what advice she has for digital creatives, what keeps her inspired, and important stuff like her favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Pinterest
- iPhone, Android, or Blackberry? iPhone
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Matthew Inman @Oatmeal
- Favorite site? The Bloggess
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Pete Cashmore
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? Coming to America
- Most important advice for creative resumes? No matter how beautifully formatted and graphically pleasing a resume is, content is key! Your name should not be the largest (72pt. font) item on the page, that only tells employers you have nothing to say about your experience and skills, only that you are very proud of your personalized logo :)
- Favorite place to eat in town? Kasra Persian Grill
- Jobs trending in your area? Front End Developers and Sr. Graphic Designers
- Favorite ad? The referee spot from Subway’s "Fresh Moments" campaign by Venture Communications
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Create a Top 10 List of the best skills that qualify you for the position and share them with the company. Give direct, real life examples of how you exemplify that skill (Problem, Action, Result). At least two real examples will help the employer visualize you solving problems. It will also help prepare you with the correct verbiage during the interview, so you won’t stumble over any questions. Example: Why should we hire you? You just wrote 10 reasons why!
Looking for jobs in Houston?
Connect with Mojo!